Inspire – Evolve – Connect
A 6 – Month Mentor Programme for Yoga Teachers With Jess Horn Yoga
Jan 2020 – Jul 2020
A 6-month programme to support you in developing your confidence and authentic voice as an emerging yoga teacher.
During our time together you’ll hone your skills and learn to trust your intuition enabling you to teach and speak from the heart.
Over the period of six months you’ll be provided a safe and supportive space, with a warm Kula of teachers, guided by me.
A space where you can ask ALL of the questions that might come up as a new teacher!!
So you’ve finished your Teacher Training Programme? Now What?
- You enjoyed your Teacher Training and left feeling inspired and part of a community, but now you’ve graduated perhaps you’re feeling a little lost? Like there is no-one to ask questions, to offer you support?
- Maybe you’ve been already been teaching for a year or two but feel you haven’t found your voice or place as an authentic teacher? Maybe you feel like you’re still mimicking your teachers, or keeping to the script of your 200 TT?
- Maybe you feel lost in the ‘competition’ and you’re not sure how to stand out?
- Maybe your suddenly realising just how much wasn’t covered in your 200hr and need a safe space to ask questions?
- Perhaps you feel unsure about how to modify practices for mixed groups? Or for those with injuries? Or you feel nervous about applying your new skills? Do you even know where to begin with adjustments and when they’re appropriate??!
- Perhaps you’re feeling a bit disillusioned with your own practice and your yoga time has now become teaching prep?!
I remember all too clearly feeling so overwhelmed after finishing my 200 hr, I had NO CLUE where to begin!!!
I had no one to talk to, or to support me, and often I was too embarrassed to reach out to my teachers.
I would turn up to teach classes sometimes with only a couple of people in and take it sooo personally! I would feel sick! I remember being fearful that people would turn up, and fearful they wouldn’t! I also became so disillusioned with my own practice, it became a time to work out what I could teach and how I’d teach it. I lost the joy, spark and peace that Yoga gives us!
Well fast forward ten years (many mistakes and time learning lessons!) and my yoga teaching feels so grounded and I can honestly say I feel more inspired, and in love with yoga than ever!
I have taught and established full classes around the UK and abroad. I teach fulfilling workshops in Hertfordshire and London. I regularly run powerful International and UK retreats, teach at festivals and Teach and Mentor on the London ISHTA Yoga 200, and 300 hr Teacher Trainings. I’ve been mentoring teachers for the last couple of years and find it so fulfilling and I learn from everyone I meet and work with too! I love building community.
I feel confident in creating a safe and supportive space, to guide people to find their own best practice.
I have healthy firm boundaries and yet can stay loving and open, and know I’m living my Dharma and am of service to others.
I have a strong sense of my self and my brand, and feel confident in teaching MY yoga, not mimicking what I learnt in my teacher trainings or copying my teachers! I feel clear on how I want to show up, and support others in their journeys. I truly believe that the more yoga in the world the better we’ll all be, and want to help others get out there and share their yoga!
I have been through it all, building up community and loyal students in new areas, getting classes in studios, building a successful and financially rewarding teaching career. Finding successful collaborations, writing and being featured in yoga magazines.
I have done all of the hard work, making tons of mistakes along the way, so you don’t have to!!
“Having Jess as a mentor has been a godsend, it was just what I needed!
When I signed up for Jess’ mentoring I had just returned from my second teacher training course and was feeling a bit overwhelmed at the thought of getting back into teaching.
Through Jess’ guidance, I found my focus, started teaching again and am finding that I have more clarity around why I’m teaching and how I want to teach. Jess also shares lots of practical information such as breaking down asanas, sequencing, adjustments, social media, how to navigate the ‘interview process’ at a new studio etc. A lot of this information wasn’t covered in my teacher training so Jess is in a sense filling the gaps of knowledge that I really needed. I highly recommend this course!”
Candice Roberts / Product Developer
My Sankalpa for you during this 6 month journey
- That you re-ignite your passion for yoga and always put your sadhana first! When we keep space to stay inspired, we are more inspiring teachers.
- That you become crystal clear on why you teach yoga so that this guides you to create the career you desire, and that you feel and know you are in service.
- That you feel confident in creating powerful classes, with wonderful clients that love you!
- That you have an abundant mindset and recognize yourself as the owner of your Yoga Business
- That you deepen your wisdom and expertise, and feel confident in understanding your students bodies, hands on adjustments and offering appropriate modifications
What You’ll Receive during our 6 months together:
6 Modules, over 6 months, in a small group limited to only 12 teachers.
- For each module, 2 weeks prior to the meet up, you’ll receive a comprehensive resource and required reading for reflection and discussion.
- An On line discussion portal for community and questions and support.
- A monthly live virtual Q and A session, which will be recorded for those who can’t make it.
- A monthly in person, 6 hour training, practicum and asana lab.
- A monthly 15 min 1 to 1 private guidance consultation on your business and or any teaching questions.
An example of the monthly meet up schedule (12pm-6pm):
(this will be subject to change and will be somewhat led by the groups collective desires)
12pm – 1pm
A led Yoga Asana class practice led by me focusing on the theme of the month
1pm – 1.30pm
Chai and Circle time – catch up and q’ and a We will debrief and unpack the sequence.
1.30pm – 3.30pm
Discussion and work on theme of the month
3.30pm – 5.30pm
Asana Lab – Each month we’ll explore different Asanas. Looking at teaching points and ques, modifications and adjustments. There will be opportunity for practice teaching and feedback
5.30pm – 5.45pm
Meditation (each month we will practice a different meditation which, will be your daily homework for the month! (this will add to your teaching repertoire and help guide you deeper into your meditation practice)
5.45pm – 6pm
Yoga Nidra / restorative poses or long relaxation to leave you feeling refreshed and grounded and absorb the benefits of our time together.
The Module topics:
- Finding your authentic voice, safe and effective sequencing and fine-tuning teaching skills.
- Adjustments, working with sensitivity and developing the skills of perception.
- Sadhana and Self Care – Staying inspired with your practice, to be an inspiring teacher!
- The Business of being a yoga teacher
- Boundaries and Ethics of teaching
- Creating powerful offerings, teaching themes, workshops, retreats and more
(order of modules is subject to change)
Monthly Meetings will take place in St Albans at Clarity Yoga Studio. St Albans is easy to get to from London and has great connections. There is plenty of parking on Sundays for those who prefer to drive.
19th Jan 12pm – 6pm
23rd Feb 12pm – 6pm
8th Mar 12pm – 6pm
3rd May 12pm – 6pm
20th June 12pm – 6pm
12th July 12pm – 6pm
How you can expect your yoga teaching to change over our 6 months together:
- You will feel confident in teaching and offering powerful classes and offerings
- You will have a greater sense of your own unique offering
- You will have a better understanding of how to adjust and modify your students practice and how to keep people safe, helping them find a practice that is suitable for them
- You will feel empowered as a yoga business owner and have strong healthy boundaries that help you deal with situations and communication with others as they occur
- You will refine your teaching skills and develop your intuition
- You will feel a sense of community and forge relationships with people in a similar situation as you, who you can collaborate with and will inspire and support you
- You will add to your yoga CV, experience and wealth of knowledge
In order to participate in the 6-Month Yoga Teachers Mentor Programme, you will need the following:
- You need to have completed a 200 hr teacher training course (or be finished yours by end of February 2020)
- Be ready to commit to the community of teachers
- Be willing to show up and put in the hours, attend the meet ups and listen/attend the calls
- Prior to the course fill in your letter of Intention for the 6 months we’ll spend together
Any Questions? Schedule a free call with me by completing the form on the right, to see if we’re the right fit to work together
How to Apply
I will only be accepting 12 teachers onto this course, there are only 4 spaces left.
If you’re interested in applying fill in the application form below or click here to download the form and print it.
Price and Application
Payment in Full
6 Month Payment Plan
6 payments of £132.50 p/m – £795.00
Why Study With Me?
I have been teaching for over 10 years, and practicing yoga for over 20.
Yoga is my passion and my Dharma.
My aim is to bring yoga to as many people as possible, and I love teaching, teachers to spread the word of yoga as widely as possible!
Over the last 20 years I’ve studied, Sivananda, Ashtanga, Iyengar, and Vinyasa Yoga.
I have trained with some of the most respected yoga teachers in the world: Tias Little, Sally Kempton, Clare Missingham, Jason Crandell, Richard Freeman, Shiva Rea to name a few.
I have since found my spiritual home in ISHTA Yoga and in 2015 I took my 300hr training with my teacher Yogi Raj Katrina Repka. I’m now 500 hr trained. ISHTA means individual and is also an acronym for the Integrated, Science of Hatha, Tantra and Ayurveda.
I teach an alignment based, breath led, Vinyasa Flow.
I also teach Yin Yoga, Restorative yoga, Meditation and Pre-natal yoga.
I teach and mentor on the UK ISHTA teacher trainings, which happen in London. I run UK and Worldwide Retreats, run sold out workshops and classes both in St Albans where I live and in London.
It doesn’t matter what school of yoga you’re from, this course will help you refine your teaching skills and give you a sense of community and support.
“Jess’s mentorship programme has been so helpful to my journey as a new teacher. Jess is approachable, extremely knowledgeable and always has a helpful answer to any question! It has also been great to meet some other new teachers and share our experiences and learnings with each other. Would highly recommend to anyone that feels like there is something missing with their teaching!”
Yoga Teacher and Freelance Marketing Expert
If you have any questions whatsoever please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
“I am thoroughly enjoying the mentoring course so far. Jess is so knowledgeable on all things yoga and the monthly modules are packed with information that builds on our 200hr teacher training.
The group is very supportive and at each meeting we each talk about how we are doing and what challenges are coming up for us. Jess and the other mentees have helped me deal with issues with my confidence as a teacher and questions on marketing, sequencing, adjustments and much more.
Jess has encouraged us to ask as many questions as we can and to open up discussions. She has also been very open to suggestions and changes to the course and really wants us to get the most out of it. She is available for questions on Facebook each day and for calls each month and has so much experience its an invaluable resource for a new teacher.
I would thoroughly recommend this course to any new yoga teachers
I have absolutely loved working with this amazing and powerful group of women and can’t believe the 6 months is almost up!”
Rachel Lyon Yoga